Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to Get the Right Lipstick Color for You

Are you still trying to figure out the best everyday lip color that goes with everything, including your mood and what you're doing for the day? I just love the range of lip colors for 2013, from the bright pinks to oranges and reds. I have found that sometimes the bold bright colors just don't look right with my skin tone and I need to tone it down a bit. Many times I will pick out a bright pink and then add a either a gloss or another shade of pink to go with it. Have you ever done that????

But the makeup industry is smart and knows what is needed and you can buy lip kits with a hue of shades that allow you to mix and match. Many come with gloss as well and are designed to travel easily in your purse. Here's another , 'but', and that is you have to make sure the palate of colors will compliment your skin.

Here are some for you to check out. You know I am partial to the Motives line, due to the fact that Loren takes all the guest work out of wondering if it will go with my skin tone and you can wear for all ocassions.  Plus, all of Motives lips kits have Vitamin E and an application brush.  They range from very inexpensive to expensive. See for your self and let me know what works for you.




Ultra Beauty's Lip Kit

Le Métier De Beauté

Breathless Kaleidoscope Lip Kit

 from Saks Fifth Avenue


What do you think, Beautiful?
 Love,
Something Beautiful

No comments: